Reflexology Lymph Drainage (RLD)
Reflexology Lymph Drainage (RLD) is a reflexology technique which focuses on stimulating the lymphatic reflexes on the feet. The aim is to cause an effect on the lymphatic system in the body. It is a unique sequence that has been researched and developed by the wonderful Sally Kay while working in Cancer Care.
The lymphatic system is a network of very small tubes (vessels) that drain lymph fluid from all over the body. The primary function of the lymphatic system is to transport lymph, a fluid containing infection-fighting white blood cells, throughout the body.
The function of the lymphatic system interact with three other body systems: the cardiovascular system, digestive system and immune system - so it is vital our lymphatic system is in balance. RLD aims to stimulate the function of the lymphatic system and drain excess lymph from the damaged area.
This is a wonderfully relaxing treatment which works the lymphatic system through the feet.
What are the benefits of RLD?
As with general Reflexology, RLD can help many aliments including:
- Helps reduce stress, tension, anxiety and provides deep relaxation.
- Helps remove congestion in energy pathways and allows the energy to flow more freely, and to bring the body back into balance.
- Improves blood and lymph circulation.
- Helps normalise organ and gland function.
- Stimulates the body to eliminate toxins
- Revitalizes the body energy.
- A general sense of health and well-being
- Improves mood and sleep